If you are reading this, it means you realise how important it is to create your Google My Business profile. So, follow these steps to set up your account and verify your business.
- Log in to the Google account you want associated with your business, or create a new Google account.
- Go to google.com/create, and then type your business name. Select your business from the options that display. If your business doesn’t show up in the results, select Create a business with this name.
- Enter your business name on the next page, and then select Next.
- Select your business category. Try to choose the category that’s relevant to your business and what you’re selling. Select Next.
- Select whether you have a location where people can visit.
- If you don’t have a physical location, select the locations where you serve your customers, and then select Next. Select the country or region your business is based in, and then select Next.
- If you have a physical location, enter your address, and then select Next. If your business is displayed on the next page, select it from the list. If it’s not displayed, select None of these, and then select Next. A map is displayed where you can add a marker on the exact spot where your business is located.
- Select Next, and then select whether or not customers can purchase your products or services outside your physical location (for example, if you deliver or if you provide services in other areas).If you do, select Yes, select the areas you serve, and then select Next.
- Add a phone number so prospects can quickly click or tap to call you. This information is optional so if you don’t have one, that’s fine. Select Next to go to the next step.
- Enter your website address, and then select Next.
Note that you’ll need either a phone number of a website address to complete your GMB profile. If you don’t have a website, we’d strongly recommend creating one.
Wp Creative Hub would love to work with you to get you online. Click Here for a free consultation.
- Select Finish.
- The final step is to verify your business. Enter your full address, and then select Next.
Postcard by Mail is usually the default verification option. However, if your business is eligible for other verification methods, such as email or phone, select the one you prefer. Fill in the required information, and then submit the form.
If you’ve selected Postcard by Mail, note that it can take up to two weeks to receive it in your mail. When you do receive it, sign in to your Google My Business account and select Verify location. Enter the verification code from your postcard to verify your business.
That’s it! Congrats on creating your Google My Business account and verifying your business. Note that it may take a few weeks for your business listing to appear on Google Search and Google Maps.